Old March 22nd 07, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras 'Midland Road'

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
What about cyclists?! This is what I've been asking about and
haven't been getting intelligent answers.

Its all covered in the weeds of the planning documents on LB
Camden's website - but there is no single summary I can find.
Various drawings show bike storage, the largest is at the north end
of platform 8, for about 84 'bike stores', some at the station
(south) front, and various indications in the text that the main
Camden cycle routes are accessible from between KX and St Pancras,
and capacity is doubling from the current level, which is in line
with research so far. I'm also guessing that cycle capacity in the
design allows for the eventual shift of services to the Thameslink
side of St Pancras, may be there is provision in their project
too...

Cycle storage has nothing whatsoever to do with access by cyclists
between the local road system and trains! The present approaches are
hardly cycle-friendly, though, in the other direction, from the suburban
station (platforms 9-11) it's not bad.

--
Colin Rosenstiel