Old March 22nd 07, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default Fasttrack ticket collection

wrote:
Although most of the machines at Liverpool Street are not suitable for
Fastticket collection, I successfully collected tickets from the
"Stansted Express" machines which were in the middle of the concourse
by the low numbered platforms some time last year. Have these been
removed?

Nope - I went there to collect a couple of tickets last week as a matter
of fact. All the Stansted Express machines there are of the Shere
FASTticket variety, whereas the rest are of the Scheidt & Bachmann
Ticket XPress variety.
Quite why Southern don't set their machines up to allow collection, I
don't know seeing as they all claim to offer this service.

Technically, both FASTticket and Ticket XPress machines are capable of
issuing pre-paid tickets (the Silverlink 'Ticket XPress' machines at
London Euston have apparently been enabled for this, although I never
tested this theory having collected my tickets from a nearby Virgin
'FASTticket' machine beforehand that day).
As another poster has already said it is really a matter of money.