Old October 21st 03, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Busses

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:36:23 -0400, "Janice"
wrote:

I'm not so sure it would particularly easy on London bus routes; there are
many stops that wouldn't be easy to name. Stops at well known places;
stations, large shops, pubs and cinemas for sure, but what about all the
stops in not very memorable places?

The German practice is to name all stops, either after the road
they're on or a nearby landmark. This name is then clearly publicised
on maps, timetables, announcements, stop flags and shelters etc. Very
helpful - and to save stressing you can note the name of the one or
two before the one you require and be listening out for that.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.