Old March 26th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

Paul Corfield wrote:

Excellent pictures.

Thank you.

In the meantime I get my small NYPD subway fix by watching the truly
excellent video to George Michael's Killer / Papa was a rolling stone. I
was going to set you the challenge to see if you could identify the
various locations as they seem to be archetypal shots of subway trains /
junctions. Not too bothered by the stations as they are particularly
difficult to identify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH6GIr_O07o

Almost all of the underground scenes were filmed in the
Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets station in Brooklyn, which has two tracks and
two platforms that aren't used in regular service. (At a few points,
the "HOYT" tiling is visible.) The passing trains were regular A and C
trains, presumably running in service; they run on the tracks adjacent
to the unused platforms (opposite the unused tracks).

The above-ground scenes appear to all be in the vicinity of Queensboro
Plaza.

There was one brief scene, around 1:59, that seems to be in a BMT
station. I'm not sure which one it is -- it could be Lexington Avenue /
59th Street. The same station may also be visible at 2:14.

(Challenge? The greatest challenge was finding a computer that didn't
choke on YouTube!)
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA