Old March 28th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

On Mar 27, 10:18 am, "MIG" wrote:
Getting the travelcard (if it's a weekly or longer season) on Oyster
fixes this, leaving only buying a ODTC and getting an unexpected call
to go to Canning Town during the day.

But that still leaves either having to leave home in the wrong
direction, go to the Oyster stop and then go back past home to the
station (not likely on a work day) or getting back before the shop
closes the evening before, going past home to the shop and going back
again etc etc.

Are you saying that neither your normal origin nor normal destination
station has an Oyster-enabled ticket office or ticket machine?

If not, I don't understand your problem: the effort involved is
exactly the same as that involved in renewing a paper Travelcard.

If so, then a) I'm amazed and b) surely the problem is just the local
TOC's ineptitude (and it is just inepitude: FCC have no problems
dealing with Oyster products, at least at KXTL and Finsbury Park)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org