Old March 28th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default 0207 222 1234

Fig typed

I understand, although I think your reasoning is out of date. Surely now,
the code for London is 020 and no inference can be made at all about the
next 4 digits. Numbers connected to a given exchange in London will be 8
digits long and the only thing connecting them is that they will start
with either 3,7or8?

True but many numbers give big clues to their geographical location.

I certainly like to know if a call is from 7PAD dington, 8HAR row or
8COL indale

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.