Old March 28th 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Reynolds Phil Reynolds is offline

Default 0207 222 1234

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:10:31 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

True but many numbers give big clues to their geographical location.

I certainly like to know if a call is from 7PAD dington, 8HAR row or
8COL indale

Even though it's not so clear any more, a lot of that is true.

7BER mondsey, for example... though the only number I watch out for there
is sadly not a 7237 but a 7232.

Of course, HENdon became, through all the changes, 8201 - presumably
because they tied it in with COLindale.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: (though I'd prefer followups on group)