Old March 29th 07, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default 0207 222 1234

Phil Reynolds typed

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:10:31 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

True but many numbers give big clues to their geographical location.

I certainly like to know if a call is from 7PAD dington, 8HAR row or
8COL indale

Even though it's not so clear any more, a lot of that is true.

7BER mondsey, for example... though the only number I watch out for there
is sadly not a 7237 but a 7232.

Of course, HENdon became, through all the changes, 8201 - presumably
because they tied it in with COLindale.

The Hendon Exchanges became 202 (Sunnyhill) and 203 IIRC. 201 is a
newcomer, as is 209.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.