Old March 29th 07, 04:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link Petition

On 29 Mar, 15:30, "Boltar" wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something obvious , but if the goal is to get the
tube to watford junction wouldn't it be a damn site cheaper just to re-
extend the Bakerloo line there? Who realistically is going to go all
round the houses via the met line from central london? No doubt there
will be a small amount of local traffic but realistically I doubt it
will amount to much and certainly not enough to justify what will
probably be quite an expensive project (bridges don't come cheap plus
all the track + signalling will probably need renewing since its been
left to rot by NR for 6 years).

It's for local traffic (one suggestion is Aylesbury to Watford trains)
and to connect developments in west Watford with Watford Junction. The
existing Met Watford branch does a healthy trade, despite its stupid
location.

The main service from Watford to London is Silverlink County (22
minutes to Euston), so no one would get either tube line all the way
anyway.