Old March 30th 07, 07:56 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link Petition

On Mar 29, 10:08 pm, "Jonathan Morton"
wrote:
"Charles Ellson" wrote in message

Ask the general populace of SW Herts about what they thought of the
Croxley rail link and I doubt that 95% would know what you were
talking about. Probabley need to make that 98%.
Bearing in mind that the bulk of WCML users will be business users
they will be using taxi or private car to Watford Junc anyway so I
don't think that they will be too bothered.

That's a circular argument. Of course they are currently using cars in
preference to the Croxley Link, because the Link doesn't exist.

Sounds like a good idea to me, if it gives a link to the WCML northbound
from places like Harrow, Rickmansworth, Pinner etc without going via London.

Government keeps talking about capacity improvements - but they need to
understand that sometimes this involves spending some money.

Regards

Jonathan

I can just imagine all those business users getting out of their cars
if the link was there. The link doesn't actually do anything about
increasing capacity. I do actually agree with the link, my only
concern is why the cost is so high and whether it is cost affective. I
can think of much better ways of delivering a better service for the
people in SW Herts for the amount of money being spent.

Kevin