Old March 30th 07, 05:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link Petition

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:04:37 +0100, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:08:21 +0100, "Jonathan Morton"
wrote:

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message

Ask the general populace of SW Herts about what they thought of the
Croxley rail link and I doubt that 95% would know what you were
talking about. Probabley need to make that 98%.
Bearing in mind that the bulk of WCML users will be business users
they will be using taxi or private car to Watford Junc anyway so I
don't think that they will be too bothered.

That's a circular argument. Of course they are currently using cars in
preference to the Croxley Link, because the Link doesn't exist.

Sounds like a good idea to me, if it gives a link to the WCML northbound
from places like Harrow,

Harrow and Wealdstone to Euston or Watford Junction ?

Rickmansworth,

Rickmansworth (Church Street) to ditto ?

Would that be the Rickmansworth Church Street that closed in 1952?

Correct. Apparently there weren't enough people wanting to go to/from
Watford or further on.