Old March 31st 07, 12:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link Petition

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 wrote:

On 30 Mar, 21:04, "Adrian" wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:06 am, "THC" wrote:

Jack, tryhttp://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Croxleylink/

Kev, I'm sure you're aware that TfL have already committed funding to
this project - £18m if memory serves me - as part of their five-year
investment programme. This project would provide excellent network
benefits and open up the commercial centre of Watford to rail access
from large parts of north-west London and south Bucks. It suffers for
falling between the gaps in public sector responsibility but is backed
locally, regionally and in the Government Office for the region.
Someone at DfT needs to have their arse kicked, I think,
metaphorically speaking of course. I for one hope this project gets
the go-ahead.

THC

My "signature" is on the pettition. I sincerely hope this happens.
It will give Metroland residents a direct link to the WCML. I am sure
it will save many trips to Euston by way of Euston Square. :-)

Ah, but as people will find out at a briefing on Tuesday, from December
2008 VWC will see a serious reduction in calls at Watford Junction. So
will the link be needed for that particular purpose.

Is it not possible that when the link opens, and this sort of journey
becomes possible, they'll change their minds and get more intercities to
stop?

just a note again here - DfT Rail basically decides on the calling
pattern for franchises and wants to push people from Watford onto the
new West Midlands franchise semi-fast trains that will serve Watford Jn
every hour

O_o

This is for Watford - London trips? Aren't most of those set-down only
already?

tom

--
YUO CANNOT ESCAPE OR EVAR WIN!!!!!!!!