Old March 31st 07, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
G G is offline

Default London Bridge signals question

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:45:52 GMT, "Jack Taylor"
wrote:

RA = right away. Instruction to the driver of single-manned trains,
initiated by a plunger pressed by platform staff, that the doors are closed,
all of the door open lights are extinguished and the train is clear to
depart.

I've seen RA indicators at Manchester Victoria, where there are no
single manned trains. Are they serving the same purpose?

And, while I'm in obvious (but not to me) question mode, above the
signals are larger ones that occasionally display U B in two boxes.
Why?