Old March 31st 07, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default London Bridge signals question

In article , G
writes
I've seen RA indicators at Manchester Victoria, where there are no
single manned trains. Are they serving the same purpose?

And, while I'm in obvious (but not to me) question mode, above the
signals are larger ones that occasionally display U B in two boxes.
Why?

They are telling the driver which route he's going to take (so he knows
which speed restrictions apply and which is the next signal to obey).
Normally I would suggest it's short for "Up Bolton", but Quail tells me
that all directions from Man Vic are Down, and there's no Bolton line
leaving the station.

["U" is normally "Up". Going "wrong road" is normally shown with an
"X".]

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: