Old March 31st 07, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
G G is offline

Default London Bridge signals question

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:27:41 +0100, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

And, while I'm in obvious (but not to me) question mode, above the
signals are larger ones that occasionally display U B in two boxes.
Why?

They are telling the driver which route he's going to take (so he knows
which speed restrictions apply and which is the next signal to obey).
Normally I would suggest it's short for "Up Bolton", but Quail tells me
that all directions from Man Vic are Down, and there's no Bolton line
leaving the station.

["U" is normally "Up". Going "wrong road" is normally shown with an
"X".]

No, it's definitely not Bolton. The indicators are on the eastbound
signals.