Old April 1st 07, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default London Bridge signals question

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:59:14 +0100, G
wrote:

I've seen RA indicators at Manchester Victoria, where there are no
single manned trains. Are they serving the same purpose?

Yes. For whatever reason (perhaps repeated "ding-ding-and-away" SPADs
or something), it's been decided that the traditional approach of the
guard giving the RA isn't appropriate at that station, so instead the
guard closes the doors then shows a green flag to the platform staff,
who then activate the RA and the train departs.

I think Manc Picc has it as well.

Neil

--
Neil Williams