Old April 1st 07, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default Gold Card

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate. Is this true, because the guy at the ticket
office at Finchley Road told me this was not possible yesterday and I
should go to a rail station to have my benefits explained.

Must admit I thought you were right. TfL's supplementary fares info dated
from January 2007 (
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...n-jan-2007.pdf )
says that with a Gold card you can:

"Buy Zones 1 - 6 Off-Peak Day Travelcards for friends and family at an adult
reduced price of £4.80 (£1 for accompanying children)*. "

That seens to be what you wanted. It says you can buy them:

"From any National Rail station ticket office. Reduced price Off-Peak Day
Travelcards are also available from Tube station ticket offices."

That seems to be where you where buying them from. It then adds that:

"If your Travelcard is on Oyster, you must show the member of staff at the
National Rail station ticket office your Oyster card and Record Card when
buying a reduced rate ticket or tickets."

That seems to be what you did. So if you are confused so am I as I would
have done exactly the same as you based on the information TfL give out.