Old April 1st 07, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Gold Card

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:57:54 +0100, Fig wrote:

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone 1-6 travel card for my
friends at a discounted rate.

This is correct. I have been bought all zones (actually 1-D) ODTCs for
£4.80 from LU ticket offices by a friend with a Gold Card on several
occasions, and never had a problem.

(However, we did once try to get the 1/3 discount on a journey to a
National Rail station, and were told that that was only available at
NR ticket offices.)