Old April 1st 07, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default London or London's Transport Museum

Peter Heather wrote:
Ignoring for the moment the merits or otherwise of it being called
London or London's Transport Museum, I see that to publicise the
opening of the new shop, the Museum's gold painted RT has appeared
liveried as "London transport museum" complete with roundel on the
side (and "transport" and "museum" are lower case as shown). Has the
name reverted to its original one or is this someone not following
the corporate line (heaven help them!)?

The apostrophe is being dropped. It was still on the museum building
last week, but the website www.ltmuseum.co.uk has "london transport
museum" alonside the roundel as a new logo. In the text, both "London
Transport Museum" and "London's Transport Museum" occur, presumably as
they work their way through the site updating each page.

--
Richard J.