Old April 1st 07, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster Helpline Cost

On Feb 28, 5:11 pm, "Graham J" wrote:
I've done that, but they may take seven days to reply, and I am not
sure if they can access my specific card details or fix anything.
When they respond I'll see.

They may take seven days to reply but they have been a lot quicker when I've
used them. They are just another arm of the Oyster Helpdesk so they can
access all your details and fix things and process refunds. Quite a few
people have expressed the opinion they are more knowledgeable and efficient
than those manning the phones.

Well, it's more than a month on now and they never did reply. I seem
to be 40p down on what I should be, but I can't see the point of
spending that on a phone call.

Still, if anyone can work out what happened ... I started the day
with £4.40 credit. Due to some problem with touching out of the DLR
at the continuation interchange at Canary Wharf, I was refused entry
to Canary Wharf LU.

The person at the counter did something and said "it should go through
now". I said "will it be treated as a continuation?" but he didn't
answer and there was a long queue so I had to go without interrogating
him on what he had done.

When I got to Kensal Green, I found that I had been charged £3 instead
of the £2 I expected if it was a continuation (ie I had £1.40 left).
I decided that given that I was going to reach the capping limit
during the day anyway, I would let it go.

I put another £1 on the card, making a total of £5.40 credit for the
day. I didn't go out of zones 1 and 2 or start till well after the
morning peak, so the capping limit should have been £4.60, leaving me
with 80p credit.

That evening, my card gave an error message on both a bendy bus and
the DLR. (This didn't deter me from travelling.) I wanted to know
what was going on and whether I could risk using the card again, which
is why I emailed them.

I had the chance to read it at a machine, and it turned out that I
have got 40p credit. I can't think of any combination that could
explain this.