Old April 2nd 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default Bus destination blinds - how are they decided?

For as long as I've been taking it (i.e. at least 7 years), the 47 has
shown a destination of "Catford Bus Garage". Today I noticed that the
new destination blinds now say "Bellingham" in large letters, with
"Catford Bus Garage" in smaller letters next to it.

Just wondering, who makes these decisions? Is there some sort of
consultation process, or is it just someone in head office? Okay,
Catford Bus Garage is right next to Bellingham Station, but it just
seems odd to change the destination blind. Don't know if other buses
terminating at the bus garage will now show "Bellingham" as well.

Patrick