Old October 22nd 03, 06:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Black Andrew Black is offline

Default Stop name was Busses

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

Every bus stop has a name written on it.

But it is not always the same as the name on the bus maps or front of
buses. And sometimes there are multiple stops with the same name.

For example I wanted to get off at the bus stop on 484 called "Pepys Eoad"
on a spider map. When I got there found it was called "Kitto Road".

The stop that has historically been called "Dulwich Plough" after the pub
that was long called the Plough is marked on bus stops as that. But as the
termination point of the 40 routes it is "Dulwich Library".