Old April 2nd 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr J R Stockton Dr J R Stockton is offline

Default Bus destination blinds - how are they decided?

In uk.transport.london message
legroups.com, Mon, 2 Apr 2007 06:41:57, posted:
For as long as I've been taking it (i.e. at least 7 years), the 47 has
shown a destination of "Catford Bus Garage". Today I noticed that the
new destination blinds now say "Bellingham" in large letters, with
"Catford Bus Garage" in smaller letters next to it.

Just wondering, who makes these decisions? Is there some sort of
consultation process, or is it just someone in head office?

Judging by the last timetable / list of stops I recall, whoever it is
may need to be told that New Malden Police Station is defunct (the
police now have a non-station at the other end of the High Street; the
buses ignore it, rightly giving precedence to the Railway Station).

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;