Old April 3rd 07, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Bus destination blinds - how are they decided?

In message om, MIG
writes
Although a few years ago on the 185 (which goes to Lewisham as it
happens), there was a real mixture of almost-museum-piece buses from
various counties, with carboard destinations in the front windows and
so on.

Maybe someone else can remember the story of the operator which went
bust, resulting in that situation. I think the 185 was the only route
they had run.

I remember when the ex-WMPTE Volvo Ailsas were running in North London
(can't remember the route). They still had signs inside inviting
comments or complaints to 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham! I often wondered
if any correspondence made its way there. Given that Brum also has a
"Highgate" that could have caused some interesting confusion!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk