Old April 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default First Class on teh tube

wrote:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 13:45:09 +0100, "Toby" wrote:

When the underground was first built, was there
ever class segregation or have the toffs always had to mix with the
riff-raff on the underground?

But don't all the toffs travel in Bentley's and rollers in London
?all I have ever seen on the tube when I have had to travel by tube
is your so called riff-raff .

Evidently you haven't been on a train to/from the City in the rush hour.

Not being a Londoner I do consider the tube to be a rather unsafe
mode of travel

Why? What passenger fatalities or injuries have you read about?

especially during the rush hour the way people are
allowed to fill the trains to almost riding on the roof surly means
that a sudden stop will cause a great number of deaths which could
be avoided if the number of standing passengers where limited to a
reasonable number .

On the contrary, if people are tightly packed there is less chance of
being thrown against hard parts of the train interior. I find buses
much more dangerous in that respect than the tube.

I know the rush hour stupidity has gone on for many years but isn't
it time something was done about it .

Yes, please lobby your MP to get the government to build Crossrail
without further delay.

--
Richard J.