Old April 9th 07, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Kensington Olympia TO Oxford

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:58:03 GMT, Bob Wood wrote:

According to Virgin Trains' website, there is a train tomorrow (9
April) at 1037hrs, arriving Oxford 1206hrs.

Trying to book a ticket for this service is proving very difficult.
The website offers me a Firstminutefare of £9, but that means I have
to get from Clapham Junction to Paddington, which is more difficult
that going to Olympia.

I even called Virgin and they apologised but there are no fares for
the route!
I CAN get an East Croydon - Oxford ticket for about £13, which is fine
but is there a walk-on fare from Olympia?

Kensington Olympia to Oxford:
Standard Day Single £25.40
Cheap Day Single £20.30 (after 9:30 M-F)

Both of these fares are routed "+London", and are therefore not valid
on this train.

In fact the only ticket that appears to exist that would be valid on
this train is a Business Advance C Single at £13.60, a
quota-controlled ticket which must be booked in advance. There are no
walk-on fares at all. (I wonder what happens if you board without a
valid ticket - they are supposed to charge you the full walk-on
standard fare...)