Old April 12th 07, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Yes, it's Another Arcane Oyster Question!

In oups.com,
Tom Page typed:
On 11 Apr, 17:15, "John B" wrote:
On 11 Apr, 15:48, asdf wrote:

If you have a registered Oyster card with no period Travelcard
loaded but with a positive PAYG balance, make a PAYG journey, and
/later in the same day/ buy a period Travelcard on that Oyster
card, starting that day, and covering the zones included in your
initial PAYG journey, will the PAYG journey be refunded?

No

In the days before Oystercards would you have expected to have
travelled in the morning and then had your fare refunded in the
afternoon if you bought a season ticket?

In the days before Oystercards, would you have expected to pay for a
single journey, later that day decide to make 10 more journeys, and
just pay the ODTC price (or less) for the lot?

Quite. Given that Bob's response seems to be based on 'pre-Oyster
common-sense' (if you will), I'd like to reiterate my question "does
anyone actually KNOW this to be the case or otherwise?".

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

I know this to not be the case - i.e. if you buy a travelcard on
Oyster it will not retroactively refund any money you've used to Pay
As You Go that day.

Which is exactly what I said in the first place. The fact that I
suggested in another paragraph that it is no different from the
situation before Oystercards has no bearing on the matter.

--
Bob