Old April 14th 07, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Renting a smart car

"John Rowland" wrote in message

I saw a rented smart car in London marked "£5 per day including 75 miles
of travel". Since this is less than I typically spend on petrol for my car
in a

As you are expected to pay for the petrol that you
use from the car I don't see how this comparison is valid.

Other points:
1) the 5 pound charge is almost certainly a yield managed price
which will be unobtainable for 98% of hires.
2) it will not include insurance.
3) There will probably be an addirional charge for cleaning.

day, it would be cheaper to hire one of these and leave my car sitting in
the drive, and I would presumably be able to go in the Kengestion Charging

Why do you presume this

area. But I can't remember the company name. Any clues?

could it be this

http://www.e-sixt.co.uk/common/all/d...ntal/sixti.php

tim