Old April 15th 07, 04:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Renting a smart car

tim..... wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...

I saw a rented smart car in London marked "£5 per day including 75
miles of travel". Since this is less than I typically spend on
petrol for my car in a

As you are expected to pay for the petrol that you
use from the car I don't see how this comparison is valid.

Okay. The "5 pounds for 75 miles" bit fooled me. If they expect you to pay
for petrol, I don't see why they charge you extra for more than 75 miles per
day.

day, it would be cheaper to hire one of these and leave my car
sitting in the drive, and I would presumably be able to go in the
Kengestion Charging

Why do you presume this

Because I thought Smart Cars were exempt, but it seems they are not.

area. But I can't remember the company name. Any clues?

could it be this

http://www.e-sixt.co.uk/common/all/d...ntal/sixti.php

That's the one. Thanks, and thanks to the other people who replied.