Old October 22nd 03, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Bentall James Bentall is offline

Default Getting from Finchley to Bank with no Northern Line

In article ,
(Andy Coleman) wrote:

Hi,

I commute each day from Finchley Central to Bank. I have been avoiding
the busses replacing the train since the derrailment because I
suspected they would just take too long. Instead I have been getting
the 82 bus to Finchley Road and picking up the Metropolitan line from
there. This journey takes me about 1h20min which is only about 20min
longer than my normal journey (door to door).

This morning a 460 turned up so I decided to try catching the
Thameslink train from Cricklewood but this was a big mistake. I'm not
sure what was going on with the Thameslink this morning but I was
waiting at the station for about 50mins before a train turned up and
then it crawled along because there were so many trains on the line in
front of it (according to the driver). My total journey time was about
2h30min.

So I am now wondering whether I should just try and get the busses
that are replacing the trains from East Finchley - has anyone done a
similar journey and found the times to be reasonable?

Thanks
Andy

What about getting the 382 bus from Finchley Central to New Southgate
and then using WAGN to get into Moorgate and Northern Line to Bank? Tfl
shows about half an hour on the bus, and then WAGN's fastest peak
services get to Moorgate in 21 mins - add five minutes to get to Bank
and it might even be a bit faster than your normal journey...

James