Old April 16th 07, 08:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ryouwho@hotmail.com is offline

Default Renting a smart car

On Apr 15, 5:45 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I would presumably be able to go in the
Kengestion Charging

Why do you presume this

Because I thought Smart Cars were exempt, but it seems they are not.

No specific exemption for Smarts as yet, but keep an eye on the
'emissions influcenced charging' proposals. Link in the middle of
www.cclondon.com

"It is also suggested that the 100% discount for the least polluting
cars (Bands A & B meeting Euro IV) would be introduced in 2008, with
the higher charges for cars emitting in excess of 225g/km of CO2 to
commence subsequently. Customers with cars that are eligible for the
discount would not receive it automatically but would need to register
their car with Transport for London (TfL). These proposals would
replace the existing Congestion Charging Alternative Fuel Discount. "

Remember these are only proposals, and it doesn't say how much the
registration fee is gonna be.

Forget band A it doesn't currently exist. List of band Bs here
http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/inf...les.asp#petrol

Alternatively I suppose you could just vote Ken out and drive into the
zone with your current car