Old April 17th 07, 09:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Kensington Olympia to East Croydon

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
In article , Michael Hoffman
writes
The travelcard is obviously zonal, but is the boundary zone 4 -
Stansted
Airport zonal?

Yes.

No, a zonal ticket is one that gives you travel within a zone - usually
unrestricted travel.

The "Boundary Zone" tickets are described in the NFM (section K) as
"excess fares". Thus they are showing an excess fare rather than being a
separate ticket within the meaning of the National Conditions of Carriage.

Well, I guess I stand corrected. The end result is the same, however.
--
Michael Hoffman