Old April 18th 07, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Grippers and Oysters

On Apr 17, 11:17 pm, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
Last week I bought a zones 1-6 weekly travel card loaded on an oyster card.
I used it once or twice on the NLL between Brondesbury Park and Hampstead
Heath (no touch in/out at either).
No gripper appeared on any of the trains, but if there had been one, how
would he have validated me?
Do they have mobile oyster readers ?

I frequently get checked by gangs at ungated National Rail stations
(not sure who employs them) and the experiences are very different.

Sometimes they all seem to have readers. Other times, everyone with
Oyster has to queue to be checked by the one person with a reader
while the others stand around.

I haven't been able to spot any pattern to when and where they all
have readers and when they don't. The variation can apply at the same
station.