Old April 18th 07, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Toby Toby is offline

Default Grippers and Oysters

"Jim Hawkins" wrote in message
Last week I bought a zones 1-6 weekly travel card loaded on an oyster
card.
I used it once or twice on the NLL between Brondesbury Park and Hampstead
Heath (no touch in/out at either).
No gripper appeared on any of the trains, but if there had been one, how
would he have validated me?
Do they have mobile oyster readers ?

From my few experiences of travelling on the NLL, I have yet to encouter a
ticket check despite all trains having a guard present to open/close doors
at each stop. A lot of the stations on the NLL are unstaffed and some don't
even have facilities to buy tickets (e.g. on the Gospel Oak to Barking
line). Isn't there a penalty fare system in place on the NLL, or does this
not apply to stations where one cannot purchase a ticket beforehand, such as
above?