Old April 18th 07, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default 5 pounds

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:17:06 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article , James Farrar
writes

The last HITW I knew that gave out fivers was at the Barclays at
Gloucester Road, but that stopped three or four years ago.

The ones in or near college bars are a good place to try. Number One Son
gets fivers out of the machine at his university.

Funny you should say that - the example i was thinking of was a Barclays
machine on Turl Street in Oxford, within stumbling distance of quite a few
pubs and bars, that does fivers. Or at least, did last time i used it,
which was admittedly quite a while ago.

The one at Gloucester Road, I think, gave them out because of its
proximity to IC.