Old April 19th 07, 01:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Which tube station?

John Rowland wrote:

MIG wrote:

On Apr 18, 10:59 pm, "Clive D. W. Feather" c...@on-the-
train.demon.co.uk wrote:

In article ,
writes

The London Underground website picture has changed to a more tricky
one. Any ideas what station it is or too hard to tell?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

District Line, and those girders ought to make it easy for someone
to go and check which one. My first guess would be Cannon Street,
but I could easily be wrong.

The old style "First Train" thing made me think it wasn't somewhere
central, but maybe there's more of them around than I think.

Aldgate East has one, and it also has the girders on the ceiling.

Aldgate East is a good guess. But, I happened to have an old picture...

Look at
ftp://olof.ltr-data.se/public/pictur...st_Station.JPG
I was standing on the leftbound platform right down the stairs from the
ticket hall when I took that picture. On the TfL picture, the "First
Train" display is about two ceiling girders away from the "Way Out" sign
or about three lamps away from where the picture was taken. I would say
the "First Train" display would be more hidden behind the pillars and
other things if the picture was taken right behind the clock that is
visible on my picture right under the "First Train" display. But it is
hard to tell, there seem to be about one and a half lamp tube length in
distance between the girders at Aldgate East, and about the same on the
TfL web picture. But that might be the case on many stations...

My guess is Tower Hill. I have no picture from there however...

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451