Old April 21st 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default Standing on trains

"John Rowland" wrote in message
keithy wrote:
Watch a District line train arrive at Richmond in
the evening peak the front two coches is so packed that i dont anyone
can breath yet the last one of six has enough room to actually roam
around in.

But the middle was packed until Kew Gardens, and the back was packed until
Gunnersbury.

I had no idea my remark about coaches on the front would generate so much
apparent confusion. Just for the record, it WAS a joke (but suggested in all
seriousness by a passenger to me in the 1960s when trains were really
crowded, the maximum I recall being around 1700 on a Bexleyheath line
morning peak train but of course at least half of them still had seats).

MaxB