Old April 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Season Tickets from Herts to London - price confusion

Dave Newt wrote:
asdf wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:46:55 +0100, Dave Newt wrote:

Now, unless I'm missing something, (5) and (2) offer what looks like
the same ticket, but rather than being "a discounted price" it would
appear to be the best part of £80 dearer.

Likewise, (4) and (2) are virtually the same price, but the latter
includes Z123456 rather than just Z1.

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

I don't think you've made any mistakes; it appears the claim about the
price being "discounted" is simply false.

[snip]

Sorry I've not been on for a couple of days to thank you for all this -
very helpful!

A followup question to this if I may (and if you're still watching):

1) Presumably if these allow unlimited London-Hertford journeys each
day, I presume it would cost exactly the same if the person lived in
London and worked in Hertford, i.e. same ticket and same price?

2) Assuming the answer to (1) is yes, could it be bought on Oyster at
the London end?

Thanks,