Old April 26th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chunky munky chunky munky is offline

Default New Connection Watford Triangle - Metropolitan Line

On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:42 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:

I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

The junction is being remodelled, mainly to remove the moveable angles
in the fast/slow convergence and to replace otherwise worn-out track
and pointwork.

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

Also the first site to be moved out of the Signal Cabins is Watford,
controlled by Rickmansworth Signal Cabin is May 2009 and Amersham to
close completely later in 2009.