Old April 26th 07, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default LU end-to-end journey data

On Apr 26, 7:05 pm, MIG wrote:
If you have any other form of period Travelcard, then not getting it
on Oyster is just bizarre masochism.

Have you still not heard that National Rail stations don't sell or
update Oyster cards? Or that not everyone has an Oyster shop between
their home and their nearest station?

Given I bought my annual z1-2 season ticket (with associated Gold
Record Card) on my Oyster card three weeks ago at a National Rail
station, I'm sceptical about your first claim.

When it comes to your latter claim, I'm still sceptical that there is
anyone who both requires daily travel within London, and lives and
works so far away from an Oyster-enabled ticket office or shop, that
dragging themselves to an Oyster venue once a month or once a year to
renew is a genuine problem.

Or do you just mean that the bizarre masochism you refer to is
subsumed by the bizarre masochism of living in South London?

While I do view living in South London as a kind of bizarre masochism,
I'm gradually getting the I'm shifting from N4 to E1 in a month or
so, and that's practically south of the river...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org