Old April 27th 07, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.taxi.world
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default New London taxi signage with roundel

Was interested to see a new taxi stand put up outside my office in Queen
Victoria Street, using a special new blue roundel with TAXI in the middle
where UNDERGROUND normally goes.

Some guy was going around changing a sticker on each one in the City of
London, because apparently there was information on them that didn't apply
to the City or something. He was scraping away at the sign trying to get
the last vestiges of the old sticker off. He explained it to me but I
didn't really follow.

Strange things... and interesting that this has made the taxi more part of
London Transport. The one on Queen Victoria Street is only a stand in the
evenings though, but this is not obvious... I can see many tourists
standing there waiting for a cab and not realising that it only applies in
the evening.

I couldn't find anything about them here
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/businessandpar...hire/1400.aspx