Old April 28th 07, 03:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.taxi.world
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default New London taxi signage with roundel

Tristán White wrote:

Was interested to see a new taxi stand put up outside my office in
Queen Victoria Street, using a special new blue roundel with TAXI in
the middle where UNDERGROUND normally goes.

The one on Queen Victoria Street is only a
stand in the evenings though, but this is not obvious... I can see
many tourists standing there waiting for a cab and not realising that
it only applies in the evening.

Hailed taxis can stop in most places, so the fact that it is only a rank for
a few hours is of relevance to taxi drivers, but is not of much relevance to
tourists or any other potential passengers.