Old April 28th 07, 05:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
burkey burkey is offline

Default New Connection Watford Triangle - Metropolitan Line

On Apr 28, 12:26�am, "Andy" wrote:
"chunky munky" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Apr 26, 10:50 am, TheOneKEA wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:42 pm, Matthew P Jones wrote:

I noticed today what appeared to be new connections from the fast lines
to the slow lines just south of where the Met line splits into the
Watford and Rickmansworth routes/ *There is already such a connection
forming part of the existing junction.

Anyone know what is going on? *Are the connections permanent, are they
re modelling the junction?

The junction is being remodelled, mainly to remove the moveable angles
in the fast/slow convergence and to replace otherwise worn-out track
and pointwork.

The New (Southern) Watford South Junction, was started during the
Easter Shutdown.
It is scheduled to be commissioned during the Summer. Also I believe
(but dont have the dates to hand but they should be on the TfL
website) that there will be a number of weekday shutdowns Harrow/
Northwood-Amersham/Chesham/Watford and Marylebone-Great Missenden.

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return to
lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is currently
sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Carry on, I'm interested!

John Burke
WRUG