Old April 28th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New London taxi signage with roundel

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Tristán White wrote:
Was interested to see a new taxi stand put up outside my office in
Queen Victoria Street, using a special new blue roundel with TAXI
in the middle where UNDERGROUND normally goes.

Some guy was going around changing a sticker on each one in the
City of London, because apparently there was information on them that
didn't apply to the City or something. He was scraping away at the
sign trying to get the last vestiges of the old sticker off. He
explained it to me but I didn't really follow.

Strange things... and interesting that this has made the taxi more
part of London Transport.

It's not London Transport any more. It's Transport for London, and
the inclusion of taxis in its remit is one of the reasons why the
name changed. The roundel has existed in various forms
corresponding with the TfL functions for several years. See
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/corporate...os/default.asp

In fact, UIVMM, TfL came first. The PCO was given the the Mayor after he
took over TfL.

--
Colin Rosenstiel