Old April 28th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default New Connection Watford Triangle - Metropolitan Line

"www.waspies.net" wrote in message

I know a little about this project a few dates for anyone intrested

7 July - Finish south junction track work - The Kirow crane will return
to lift the main pannels currently sitting aroung Croxley Tip and the
triangle
10 August - Renew Watford North Junction (closest to Ricky) (it is
currently sitting next to it)
17 August - Renew Watford East Junction (Croxley side)
24 August (Bank Holiday) - South Junction Prep works mainly point machine
fitting
31 August - Signalling commisioning
7 Sept + most Sept weekends track rewal on the curve between Croxley moor
park and removal exixitng junction.

Anyone wanting more details I could go on for pages
Andrew

Thanks for the Info Andy, can you comment on the rumor that only 40% of
the scheduled work was completed during the massive easter shutdown?

About 75% of the work was complete. From what I understand LUL were overly
worried about an overun especially with the RMT about to dig there heels in
so the job was descoped. The new south to south was complted and the start
of the north to north and most the related plain line. The July 7th was pre
booked for plain line renewal so both jobs will happen that weekend.
Andy