Old April 28th 07, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default LU end-to-end journey data

On Apr 28, 11:31 am, John B wrote:
On Apr 28, 12:11 am, MIG wrote:

On Apr 27, 9:25 pm, James Farrar wrote:

On 26 Apr 2007 22:55:58 -0700, MIG
wrote:

hat if you pay by preprinted company cheque (eg a loan)
and don't know the payee at an Oyster shop, or whether they'd accept
it? Your season's about to expire. You are standing in the Accounts
department. What do you tell them to put on the cheque?

"London Underground Limited", in my case. I do my research before I
need to start panicking.

Er, hallo? If you live in south London? What research tells you the
payee of your nearest Oyster shop?

My journeys to and from work don't involve any LU stations or NR
stations that sell Oyster, and yet I need a zone 1 & 2 travelcard.

This means that I am punished on the few occasions when I need to go
to zone 3 by LU.

OK, this doesn't seem to fit with any reality I understand. Where can
you possibly go every day for work in Zone 1 that is a station, and
that doesn't do Oyster? Even if you're commuting by NR, all the London
Terminals have attached Underground stations...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org-

Firstly, even if I did work in Zone 1 (like when I worked near Oxford
Circus), I would still need to queue for half an hour in the evening
rush hour to pay by company cheque to renew for the following day.
Preferable to pay at my local station.

As it happens, I don't work in zone 1, but I do need to pass through
it, usually in a hurry. No LU involved. Station one end has a credit
card only machine (which doesn't take cheques), station the other end
has no Oyster facility at all. Neither deals with Oyster at the
counter.

All the things you suggest are POSSIBLE. The point is that you have
to plan ahead like a military operation and make all kinds of
diversions in order to avoid the potential punishment fares for not
having your travelcard on Oyster when you do occaionally go to zone 3
on LU.

It's not my fault that if I do the typical thing of going to my local
station in the morning to catch a train and renew my travelcard at the
same time, I can only get a paper one.

And whether you believe me or not does not in any way argue against my
suggstion of selling reasonably priced paper extensions to people who,
for reasons which you may consider to be insane, have a paper
travelcard. In fact, there's simply no need for extensions to be £4,
because they are by definition added to a travelcard.