Old April 28th 07, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oxford Street

Was in Oxford Street today, of which about half is currently closed to
all traffic due to a fire in the shop next to M&S (I forget what it
was called).

I couldn't help but notice that it was far more pleasant - less
crowded and pretty much unpolluted - compared with its usual bus- and
taxi-filled anarchy. I would as such consider that there is a serious
case for pedestrianisation, with buses serving passengers either on
all the crossing streets or perhaps on a specially-built bus station
or similar somewhere around the middle. There are plenty of parallel
streets that can take the through traffic.

What are peoples' thoughts on this?

Neil

--
Neil Williams