Old April 29th 07, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default LU end-to-end journey data

On Apr 28, 11:23 pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:
MIG wrote

All the things you suggest are POSSIBLE. The point is that you have

to plan ahead like a military operation and make all kinds of
diversions in order to avoid the potential punishment fares for not
having your travelcard on Oyster when you do occaionally go to zone 3
on LU.

It's not my fault that if I do the typical thing of going to my local

station in the morning to catch a train and renew my travelcard at the
same time, I can only get a paper one.

Which is something I never did. In all my years with an annual I bought
it the day or W/E before or by mail. People who queued on Monday I
assumed liked queuing or liked complaining or both.

I do recall leaving work late or doing evening shopping so as to get to
the ticket window after the evening rush but then I don't expect the
world to be constructed to let me do as I wish and to also minimise my
time spent queuing.

A local ticket office open in the evening?

A ticket office that sells Oyster in the evening but not the morning?

I didn't expect the world to be reconstructed to punish me for doing
the natural thing (ie buy my tickets at the station where I get on the
train), but it was.

It's unnecessary. Stop charging £4 for extensions. It's an obvious
and simple solution to the problem. All you are doing is picking on
every little thing I mention instead of addressing this basic point.