Old October 22nd 03, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Brompton Folding Bike on Tubes

In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes
"Kat" typed

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Kat
writes

The Train Operator would be well within his/her rights (outside the
specified times and on wrong sections of the line) to ask you to leave

the
train.

And frequently do - In fact I did today :-)

I never do with a Brompton though as they are specifically allowed.

I once allowed someone down onto the platform with an unfolded Brompton
because he assured me he could fold it before an incoming train had opened
its doors; and he could too!
They are quite amazing bikes but pretty pricey I think...

Yebbut worth it.

I'll second that. It's better than some types of "proper" [1] bike.

[1] Not my words!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for