Old April 30th 07, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Zone 2-3 Travelcard. Charging Question.

On 30 Apr, 16:37, David of Broadway
wrote:
Is Notting Hill Gate to Heathrow treated as Z1-6 or Z2-6? How about
Notting Hill Gate to Acton Town?

Both are charged as via Zone 1 according to the fares finder:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...07/farefinder/

(to work out zones you need to know the nominal single fares, which I
don't think are online any more)

If they're treated as Z2-6, am I breaking any rules if I travel via
Earl's Court rather than Ealing Broadway? And if they're treated as
Z1-6 by default, is there any way to prove to the system that I traveled
via Ealing Broadway (e.g., touch an Oyster pad at Ealing Broadway) so
I'm charged the lower fare?

As I understand it, each pair of stations is assigned a particular
fare, regardless of route taken. If you touch the reader at Ealing
Broadway you'd probably just be charged for a new journey. Similarly,
there a few journeys where you have to touch a reader halfway through,
but it doesn't affect the fare calculation (eg If the fare is set as
not via Z1, and you use an out-of-station interchange in Z1, it
doesn't increase the fare).